Subject: Re: [cti-cybox] Network Connection Object TCP Extension

TCP flags and ICMP type/code have actual known CTI use cases (we look at them at least).. that's why they ended up being included vs. all other headers. If there are actual use cases "in the wild" for the other headers we should bring them up... otherwise not sure why we should include them... we can always add them later.

-
Jason Keirstead
STSM, Product Architect, Security Intelligence, IBM Security Systems
www.ibm.com/security | www.securityintelligence.com

Inactive hide details for Terry MacDonald ---08/31/2016 05:58:12 AM---Not necessarily the whole header right now, but we need tTerry MacDonald ---08/31/2016 05:58:12 AM---Not necessarily the whole header right now, but we need to leave things so they can be extended if t

From: Terry MacDonald <terry.macdonald@cosive.com>
To: Bret Jordan <bret.jordan@bluecoat.com>
Cc: OASIS CTI TC CybOX SC list <cti-cybox@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date: 08/31/2016 05:58 AM
Sent by: <cti-cybox@lists.oasis-open.org>

Not necessarily the whole header right now, but we need to leave things so they can be extended if the community wants them to in the future. I guess the point is that we need to think about the future to some degree, allowing for future expansion, not locking things down now and removing the chance for future enhancements like this.

Cheers
Terry MacDonald
Cosive