cti-interoperability message

Subject: Re: [cti-interoperability] Roadmap Notes

Patrick:

On #3 on your list...

I've heard some rumblings among STIX & TAXII subcommittee members about coordinating Use Cases. That makes perfect sense to me. How that fits in with the TAXII Use Cases adds another dimension...especially given the amorphous nature of how QUERY will be handled at the interface.

Some suggestions have been made about separating QUERY entirely (FROM TAXII) and setting up a separate subcommittee. The question might be, for this SubCommittee is: How to handle QUERY functionality within the STIX/CYBOX framework.

Jane Ginn, MSIA, MRP
Cyber Threat Intelligence Network, Inc.
jg@ctin.us

-------- Original Message --------
From: Jerome Athias <athiasjerome@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 25, 2015 11:06 AM
To: Patrick Maroney <Pmaroney@specere.org>
CC: JG on CTI-TC <jg@ctin.us>," cti-interoperability@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti-interoperability@lists.oasis-open.org>

controlled vocabularies are referring to how driving interoperability with other vocabularies defined in other standards or tools
E.g. IODEFbis

On Sunday, 25 October 2015, Patrick Maroney <Pmaroney@specere.org> wrote:
Jane,

Thank you for your efforts to help capture and organize "stuff" historically, and here as well.

All,

Some quick comments and additions to the list for consideration/discussion:

(1) Inventory of Implementations of STIX, CybOX, or TAXII
    <== Comment: Many dimensions.

(2) Controlled Vocabularies (Default)
     <== Question: are referring to the proposed Extensions to STIX Profiles?

(3) Use Cases
     <== Question: Are we going to centrally ?

(4) Interoperability ShowCases
     <== Comment: Deep topic with many dimensions.

(5) CTI Test Data Set Initiative

(6)  CTI TC IOSC Tools and Frameworks

(7) CTI  Interoperability Stakeholder Community Engagement ( CTI Vendor, Producer, Consumer, Related Standards Committees/Initiatives)

Patrick Maroney
President
Integrated Networking Technologies, Inc.
Office:  (856)983-0001
Cell:      (609)841-5104

I've been jotting down some of the suggestions made by CTI-TC members about issues that have come up that have been referred to this Subcommittee.  Here is what I have so far:

  • Inventory of Implementations of STIX, CybOX, or TAXII
  • Controlled Vocabularies (Default)
  • Use Cases

I'm sure there are others.