Subject: Re: Describing module interfaces

> I need to describe and enumerate, and classify all interfaces of some
> software modules in a big software system.  Is there any good markup
> for that?  <interface> isn't it.  Neither is <interfacename> (the
> object oriented stuff could _possibly_ be used when detailing some
> parts of some interfaces that are APIs in object oriented languages.
> But it's no good for the high level approach).

> So far I've just used <section>.

That is "just used <section> and free form text.  One <section> for
each interface I'm describing".

But I would prefer real semantic markup of these interfaces.

By "interface" I mean something like eg.:
 - A command line interface
 - A GUI
 - An API
 - A protocol
 - A temporary file

Ie. everything a particular software module use to exchange
information with other modules or a user.