Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Left aligning <glossterm> instead of left justifying

Well, it worked because it is a global parameter that sets the default for
the entire document.  You will notice that all your paragraphs are
left-aligned now.

In my opinion, certain elements should always be left-aligned, and
glossterm is one of them because it fits inside a small area.  If you want
to fix yours, you can customize the template that starts this way instead:

<xsl:template match="glossentry" mode="glossary.as.list">
  <xsl:variable name="id">
    <xsl:call-template name="object.id"/>
  </xsl:variable>

  <fo:list-item xsl:use-attribute-sets="normal.para.spacing">
    <xsl:call-template name="anchor">
      <xsl:with-param name="conditional">
        <xsl:choose>
          <xsl:when test="$glossterm.auto.link != 0
                          or $glossary.collection != ''">0</xsl:when>
          <xsl:otherwise>1</xsl:otherwise>
        </xsl:choose>
      </xsl:with-param>
    </xsl:call-template>

    <fo:list-item-label end-indent="label-end()">
      <fo:block text-align="left">

I changed the last line shown to add the text-align property.  This is the
block inside the left part of the list-block that contains the term and the
acronym, so now they will stay within the same block and not produce a line
break.

DocBook Consulting