Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] chunking at book level

Marie Sauvage - EBM WebSourcing wrote:
> I could be a solution but I'd have to do the toc and all navigation
> headers and footer manually... I have something like 15 books in a set,
> so chunking at chapter level makes a complicated navigation and a very
> long toc. So as our chapters aren't very long (some are just 10 lines or
> contain just a small table), we think it would be better to have one
> page per book.

I don't know your specific constraints, but maybe then your structure is
not appropriate, a chapter of just 10 lines looks odd to me.
Maybe lowering all your structure by one level:
set -> book
book -> chapter
chapter-> section

would solve all your problems.

But as I stated, I don't know your other specific constraints...

Camille.

> Regards,
> Marie.
>
> Denis Bradford a écrit :
>> If you want to build the entire set at once, I'm not sure how to chunk
>> at the book level, maybe one of the wise heads here knows. But the
>> usual way to get one document per book is to build each book
>> separately, using docbook.xsl instead of chunk.xsl.
>>
>> hth,
>> Denis
>>
>> Marie Sauvage - EBM WebSourcing wrote:
>>> Hi all !
>>>
>>> For my documentation, I have a set of many books, is it possible to
>>> make the chunk output splitting at book level to have only one page
>>> per book, instead of splitting at chapter level ?
>>> I've tried to decrease the chunk.section.depth to 1 or 0 but it has
>>> no effect.
>>> Maybe can I do this by customizing a template in the xsl stylesheet
>>> but I don't find which one, could you help me on that point ?
>>>
>>> thanks in advance !
>>> Marie.

begin:vcard
fn;quoted-printable:Camille B=C3=A9gnis
n;quoted-printable:B=C3=A9gnis;Camille
org:NeoDoc
adr:;;139 rue Philippe de Girard;Pertuis;;84120;France
email;internet:camille@neodoc.biz
tel;work:+33.9.54.96.99.55
tel;fax:+33.9.59.96.99.55
tel;cell:+33.6.33.15.10.23