Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] processing a sitemap out of targets.xml data

Hi,
I don't know of a current XML parser that will ignore entity references.  Xerces used to have such an option, but that seems to have been dropped.  You could supply entity declarations to the file being parsed by adding a DOCTYPE declaration, with or without a reference to a DTD, and add entity declarations.

Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2009 3:33 AM

Hi,
I try to generate a sitemap for a complex document structure, so I decided to use the given output structure in my targets.xml to get to the document and foldernames in the right order.
I simply let run a little sitemap.xsl over it to make another docbook - xml, which all works fine in my editor (oXygen).
But when I start a batch job for it (or even use saxon with a command line, or eclipse), everything breaks, because the parser can't handle the pulled in non-xml data from the referenced .dbs.
With oXygen, I get a few warnings, that's it.
My question now: Is there a way to tell the processor to ignore the entity-references (of course it does not work with xinclude either) for this processing?

 Error reported by XML parser: reference to undeclared entity (found "nbsp")
Transformation failed: Run-time errors were reported

I think this is more a general question and I'm sure there is a workaround for this.

Thanks in advance for anyl repy.

Best Regards,
Benno