Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] include MathML files with the help of XSL

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 2:53 PM, Tom Browder <tom.browder@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 2:11 PM, Robert Lucente <rlucente@pipeline.com> wrote:
>> What do you guys think of using MathType to generate MathML?
> I use Inkscape (http://inkscape.org/) to view and edit the svg file if
> necessary (I find that a few tweaks really help for beautiful output).
>  I use the svg graphic for both html and fop output (note that I use
> the xsltproc xsl processor instead of a java tool).

Note that I originally had font problems with pdf output.  I queried
the fop mailing lists and got this response which solved my problems:

<quote>
from: Vincent Hennebert vhennebert@gmail.com via xmlgraphics.apache.org
sender-time: Sent at 05:07 (GMT+01:00). Current time there: 2:23 PM.
reply-to: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
to: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
date: Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 05:07
subject: Re: Missing Font for SVG to PDF Output
mailing list: <fop-users.xmlgraphics.apache.org>; mailed by
xmlgraphics.apache.org

Make sure that the family name you declare in fop.xconf matches the
name under which the font is known on the system.

Let's take the font "Linux Libertine" an example. Java would know this
font under that name. Since Batik uses the Java font system, it will
also use that name and pass it on to FOP. So you must have a
font-triplet in your fop.xconf that matches that name:

If you use something else, FOP will find no match for "LinuxLibertine"
and will fall back to a default font.

You can use the
java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.getAvailableFontFamilyNames method to
know under which names Java registers the fonts on your system. Of
course, be sure to also use those names in the SVG file.
</quote>

Best regards,

-Tom