Subject: DocBook for hardware documentation

Hello,

I would like to know if DocBook will be good for hardware documentation.
While there are specified constructs in DocBook for software API
documentation, there's does not seem to be much to support hardware
specifics. For example, it is unclear how, in DocBook, one could
document (and tag) the details of the memory map of an embedded
processor in a chip or memory mapped registers.

Could someone on this list please let me know if DocBook has been used
for hardware documentation and how effective a solution is it for the
purpose?

Regards,

Maneesh