dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] Groups - dss-requirements-1.0-draft-02.doc uploaded

At 12:37 PM 3/25/2003 -0800, Trevor Perrin wrote:

>Right, but then I think you need to sign both the XML *and* the
>transformed, human-readable form.

For example, an XML-DSIG could have 2 references, both to the same
document, one of which applies a transform to make it human-readable, the
other of which doesn't.

So the transforms (in this and other cases) still might need to be
protected.  But that raises another question about this use case - is the
best way to do this by putting the transforms in a ds:Manifiest?  I would
say it's better to include them as a signed attribute, so you're guaranteed
that they're verified by a relying party.

Trevor