dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] Timestamping

Gregor,

Mostly Yes I agree.  See below.

Nick

Trevor - let me know if you want me to have a go at producing specific
updates to the requirements document.

Yes sort of - Sorry, I am confusing the signing time and the time-stamp
time. This should read:

c] ... the signature was created on or before the time-stamp time.

> > also included in the signed data (as in [a]) this can be used
> > to independently support this signing time and protects
> > against later repudiation of the signature.
> >
> > I think that I have it now matching the options in XAdES.
>
> According to XAdES, I would like to add the following item
>
> d] A time-stamp is applied over
>    - signature
>    - revocation information
>    - time-stamps not signed by the signature
>    by an archiving service in order to protect against weak algorithms,
>    and key compromise (see section 7.7.1 of XAdES).

Yes

[c] and [d] may also be applied by the verification service.