dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] Discussion on outstanding issues for the core.

My comments (a bit later due to differences in time) intermixed.

At 22:30 10/05/2004 +0100, Nick Pope wrote:
>Ed,
>
>This suggests to me that for at least Multiple detached we do no try and
>solve everything in core, just make it extensible enough for this to be done
>in a profile.
>
>I do not like the third option of mixing the input document and
>signatureObject structure.  This make things more complicated.

I do not like either this mixture of documents and signatures...

>I certainly would not like to remove detached signatures to profiles.
>However, delegating handling multiple detached signatures to a profile seems
>reasonable.
>
>I believe that the SignatureObject is already flexible enough to be
>extensible to allow for alternative forms of signature.  So I see no need to
>make it even more "unbounded".

My view is that if we can ensure that the minimum behaviour described
by Ed for enveloped signatures can be provided by making this
element unbounded, I would initially be in favour of including it as it
would offer a balanced core, with the same capabilities for all the
types of signatures whatever their type would be.

>So my preference would be to keep the the handling of multiple detached
>signatures either unsupported or undefined in the core.  The syntax I
>believe is already flexible to enable this, the processing rule just need to
>be suffiently this to be handled by profiles.

Again I would rather prefer a balanced solution offering the same
capabilities for all the singature types (specially if the only price paid
is to make an element unbounded).

Juan Carlos.