dss message

Subject: Re: [dss] Discussion on outstanding issues for the core.

At 00:53 11/05/2004 -0700, Trevor Perrin wrote:
>At 11:30 PM 5/10/2004 -0400, ed.shallow@rogers.com wrote:
>>Yeah, looks pretty good. See minor tweaks inter-mixed.

I think that what is appearing here is that at the very moment we will face
the production of a profile for multiple singatures with high degree of
details
we will have to expand hte capabilities of these elements. Could it make sense
to generate a profile for that that could be shared by other profiles?

Juan Carlos.

>> >The server should first check any <ds:Reference/@URI> that may be present
>> >against each Input Document's RefURI, and if a
>> > match is not found, then try to resolve barename XPointers against the
>> > signature's Input Document or Signature Object.
>>It was for this reason that I wanted to collapse SignatureObject,
>>SignaturePtr, and WhichDocument into simpler constructs within a tweaked
>>InputDocument structure. Given what we are doing, it improves readability.
>>I'll defer to the will of the majority though.
>
>That's what I was alluding to Friday, that having a combination of
>old-style Input Documents URI matching & new-style server-processing of
>XPointers is kinda messy.  But I'm not sure we've got the energy or
>patience for a redesign, and as Nick points out profiles can simplify
>processing if they want.  So I'll just go ahead with these changes, for now.
>
>Trevor
>

>To unsubscribe from this mailing list (and be removed from the roster of
the OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dss/members/leave_workgroup.php.