dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] Discussion on outstanding issues for the core.

At 12:47 PM 5/11/2004 +0200, you wrote:
>A couple of  questions,
>
>1. I would substitute mentions to DTDs by DTDs or Schemas,
>just for avoiding questions.

That means servers need to be able to process DTDs or Schemas..  I think
asking servers to handle DTDs is bad enough, I'd rather not require them to
do both.

>2 should the DTD (XML schema) being necessarily transmited or
>could also be possible just incorporate a URI pointing to the place
>where it is published? I would initially be in favour of allowing both
>mechanisms.

That requires the server to have a network connection (or have pre-cached
the DTD/Schema), or else the protocol fails.

This makes the protocol more fragile.  So is it worth adding?

Trevor