dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] Comments: Async, Code-Signing, XAdES, ESeal

At 10:37 PM 11/14/2004 +0000, Nick Pope wrote:
>[...]
>It was my intention to leave a certain amount of flexibility in the Entity
>Seal profile, enabling interoperability for the basic functions but allowing
>a certain amount of extension / variations to support additional
>functionality.  Whether this makes the profile "abstract" or "concrete" I am
>not sure.

Since it doesn't specify bindings, and also doesn't specify what goes
inside <ClaimedIdentity>, I'd say it's abstract (i.e. 2 independent
implementors would not expect to interop based solely on the spec).

You could say that a spec that details everything but the binding is
"almost-concrete" or something, but we don't have a term for that.

[...]
>3.1.1 At this stage the form of Claimed identity should not be restricted.

That's fine.  It leads me to think this is an abstract profile.

Also: In 3.1.1 you say <dss:SignedProperties> MAY be supported by the
server.  That doesn't give the client much help in deciding whether to send
them or not.

[...]
>6.1 Even though the RequesterIdentity is not an optional output it is still
>set as part of the Sign process.

Okay, the phrasing of this sounds like <dss:RequesterIdentity> is being
sent in an optional input or something, but not a big deal.

Trevor