dss message

Subject: Re: [dss] Is a single <Schema> element adequate?

Tommy Lindberg wrote:
> The <Schema> element in DocumentBaseType and SignatureObject allows
> for the optional transfer of a single XML Schema. This seems inadequate
 > for some use cases such as verifying a signed XML instance that
 > pertains to a schema that in turn imports additional schemas.

Hi Tommy,

note that the schema is only needed in certain usage scenarios.  In
these scenarios, the schema identifies ID attributes so as to help the
server resolve <ds:Reference>s.  The schema doesn't have to be the full
schema for the document.  So even if the full schema imports other
schemas, I think it's possible to chop down such a schema into a single
one that contains everything needed?

Trevor

ps: When the <Schema> element is described in the core spec, it refers
to "section 4.3, step 2".  Those references should be changed to
"section 4.3, step 1".