dss message

Subject: Issue regarding CMS reference

Unfortunately we have a mixture of references to CMS in the core and the
profiles.

The core refers mainly to the latest version, RFC 3852, however, the
identifier for the signature type and a few other places references the
earlier version RFC 3369.  The profiles generally reference 3369.

I do not think that the CMS version employed has any significant impact on
the DSS protocol, however, I do believe that we should be consistent in the
version reference.

I propose therefore that we reference the latest version (RFC 3852) in the
core and all the profiles, and use the URN
   urn:oasis:names:tc:dss:1.0:core:schema:CMSSignature

to identify a CMS signature independent of version.

Views?

Nick