Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] ebXML Business Processes XML instance document for execution?

Sacha,

It depends what you mean by "executable".

Take a look at the models and CPA from the AutoTech scenarios for
GM and Nissan here:  http://drrw.net/visualscripts/#ebXML

There is sufficient information (well almost! some open issues may apply),
for interchange software (the ebMS engines) plus a pure BPSS engine
to orchestrate the workflow.

So what's not there?  I'd say transaction assembly (see OASIS CAM work
for that piece) and integration into backend EAI systems and other lowlevel
"linkage" - see BPEL for that level of detail.   An example here would be
where
BPSS indicates a process step called "Check stock availability" - this step
could
then be rendered as a BPEL script that talks to the SAP ERP system, +
the inhouse warehouse RFID tracking system and + the production schedule
system to predict what the on-hand stock really is and come back to the BPSS
with a "succeed/fail" outcome.

Clearly the work of this TC is to better qualify all these details so that
its
plug-n-play.

Thanks, DW.