Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] BPSS executability and where it ends

Dick, thanks for these inputs.  I would ask for you to add a few more
pieces of information in the context of what you would suggest as a use
case format so we can use this as an input (not to formalize too much
but ensure we use this as a starting baseline to start to look at
industry/sector requirements and their business needs - you have
provided a good baseline from which to start).

    * Actors: Transmission Authority, Auction Participants, other
    * Detailed Description including short summary of flow of events
          o See background and architecture above.
    * If applicable:
          o Triggers: Appears that time, offers and timely purchases may
            apply here.
          o Pre conditions: Offers made.
          o Post conditions
          o Other dependencies
    * Identified issues that are or may be related to BPSS
    * Items outside of the scope of BPSS but may create other
      dependencies or integration points / interfaces:
          o The details of how a service is implemented by the TA is not
            necessary for a market participant to invoke a service and
            indeed the TA may consider the processing steps to be
            sensitive information that it does not wish to disclose. Key
            here is the processing steps may not be externally visible.
            However, we need to quantify what QOS and other attributes
            are exposed in your business collaboration (in order to
            facilitate what occurs at the messaging and business
            process, and to enable other lower level process functions
            that could occur using other technologies or an executable
            process).
          o On your comment, "BPSS appears to provide a description of a
            business process but contains 'too much' information, that
            may be considered sensitive, or perhaps irrelevant given the
            individual nature of 'internal' business processes of each
            trading party,' can you give more specifics here - this I
            believe will expose what happens in BPSS and what is
            delegated to a lower level process.

Thanks.