Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [ebxml-bp] BPSS 1.01 XML Schema element referencingwith id and name issue]

Monica,

I think we can add this as another example of context passing between
components.  This time its between BPSS and a transaction service,
and or ebMS.

My view here is that we develop a context mechanism between CPA / BPSS
first - and then look to apply that downstream to these other areas as well.

This is consistent with the PPT I circulated showing all the points at which
context needs to be available.

Thanks, DW

----- Original Message -----
From: "Monica J. Martin" <Monica.Martin@Sun.COM>
To: "Sacha Schlegel" <sacha_oasis@schlegel.li>
Cc: "Dale Moberg" <dmoberg@cyclonecommerce.com>;
<ebxml-bp@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2003 1:03 PM
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [ebxml-bp] BPSS 1.01 XML Schema element
referencingwith id and name issue]

> Dale Moberg wrote:
>
> >Sacha's example maybe shows why we should try to use the GUID/GUIDREF
> >technique consistently.
> >
> >I had not noticed that the technique had not been employed consistently.
> >
> >Monica, should this be an Issue, rather than a topic?
> >
> mm1: I think if you look at v.1.1 this has been consistently applied for
> the BusinessDocument and DocumentEnvelope, and the use of GUID and
> GUIDREF.  Sacha, are you trying to ask for some enforcement other than
> the use of the GUID/GUIDREF techniques between the BusinessDocument and
> DocumentEnvelope? Thanks.
>
> "In BPSS XML Schema 1.01 the data type of the attribute businessDocument
of the element DocumentEnvelope is "simply" a
> xsd:string, which can have any value. The businessDocumentIDRef on the
other hand is a xsd:IDREF data type and "must" point to a xsd:ID attribute
within the XML document. An attribute of type xsd:IDREF allows the parser to
validate if the value given in businessDocumentIDRef is available within the
XML document. The parser has no idea about businessDocument as it is "just"
a string and that will always be valid."