Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] 2/2/2004: Evolving Versioning Requirements - WorkItem 7 Addl

Dear All,

About Work Item 7, Versioning:

I reviewed work item 7 to find original issue raised by Michael Wang was
about "versioning of BPSS XSD schema".
Mike's point was that BPSS specification should use different namespace
URI for different version of schema. I think this is quite easy to
address. Here are some observations:

- BPSS 1.05 uses namespace URI "http://www.ebxml.org/BusinessProcess";.
- CPPA 2.0 uses
"http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-cppa/schema/cpp-cpa-2_0.xsd";.

If CPPA is following OASIS convention (Do we have such a thing?),
naturally we would use

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-bp/schema/bp-2_0.xsd

for BPSS 2.0. I believe this resolves the work item 7 and we can close
it if everyone agrees.

And, if I understand right, recent discussions on versioning is
completely different from this work item 7. It was not about versioning
of BPSS specification itself, but about versioning of business process
description written in BPSS. We should add another work item for this
issue, I suppose. I'll post another message to describe this new work item.

Let me know if I missing something here. Thanks.

Regards,
Kenji