Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] BusinessPartnerType and Roles

I have added a small XML sample that matches the semantics of the diagram.

thanks
/anders

Anders W. Tell wrote:

> Hi Dale,
>
> Yes, the Authorization consideration, aspect could be made "external"
> to BPSS and applied to hooks.
>
> Ive also added a specific binding from XActivity to BC or BT in order
> to make the binding explicit.
>
> /anders
>
> Dale Moberg wrote:
>
>> Hi Anders,
>>
>> I like your diagram ( at least the way I read it!)
>>
>> I just submitted an initial comment for Monica item 26, and I think my
>> discussion is congruent with your model. I do not distinguish between
>> Role and AuthorizedRole, though.
>>
>> I think the Role and AuthorizedRole in UMM is a semantically vacuous
>> contrast. Are we going to bother documenting BPs where some Roles are
>> unauthorized? I don't think so. So we can safely abstract away from that
>> semantic nuance.
>>
>> What might be relevant is to model Authorizing"Thing" as something a
>> Role might have
>> (like a credential, contract, agency, organizational affiliation, etc. )
>> Maybe we could have a UBAC extension point for doing that. In real
>> business collaboration there is always such a thing implicitly; whether
>> it is important to capture it from the BPSS abstraction viewpoint is
>> possibly more controversial.
>>
>> Dale Moberg
>>
>> =================
>>
>> Here is another diagram showing how Actor 1 is binding himeself
>> through initiation to BusinesPartnerType: Supplier and role: Seller.
>> In this diagram the CBPC has also been integrated.
>> Roles are bound from outer Activites to inner BC or BT through a
>> Performs-boinding statement.
>>

>> From - Wed Feb 18 18:48:58 2004

/////////////////////////////////////
/ Business Collaboration Toolsmiths /
/ website: <www.toolsmiths.se>      /
/ email: <anderst@toolsmiths.se>    /
/ phone:  +46 8 562 262 30          /
/ mobile: +46 70 546 66 03          /
/////////////////////////////////////

<bpss>

  <BusinessPartnerType name="supplier">
      <Role name="Seller"/>
  </BusinessPartnerType>

  <BusinessPartnerType name="customer">
      <Role name="Buyer"/>
  </BusinessPartnerType>

  <ActorBinding>
    <Performs localName="Seller" name="A2"  bindingBy="name" >
    <Performs localName="Buyer" name="B2"   bindingBy="name">
    <BindingByName name="topLevelCollaboration"/>
  </ActorBinding>

  <BinaryCollaboration>
    <Provides>
      <Role name="O"/>
      <Role name="P"/>
    </Provides>
  </BinaryCollaboration>

  <BusinessTransaction>
    <Provides>
      <Role name="K" initiating="true"/>
      <Role name="L"/>
    </Provides>
  </BusinessTransaction>

  <BusinessTransactionActivity>
    <Performs localName="A2" name="K" bindingBy="name">
    <Performs localName="B2" name="L"  bindingBy="name">
    <BindingByName name="RequestPayment"/>
  </BusinessTransactionActivity>

  <CollaborationActivity>
    <Performs localName="A2" name="O" bindingBy="name">
    <Performs localName="B2" name="P" bindingBy="name">
    <BindingByName name="MC,BC"/>
  </CollaborationActivity>

</bpss>