Subject: RE: [ebxml-bp] Name for schemas

Title: Message

OASIS ebXML Messaging 2.0 namespace

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-msg/schema/msg-header-2_0.xsd

OASIS ebXML CPPA 2.0 namespace

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-cppa/schema/cpp-cpa-2_0.xsd

Both of these URLs resolve on GET to the schemas. CPPA (and Messaging also I think) keep the most current version at these URLs. CPPA does not version on namespace URL necessarily. But a new namespace could be introduced if it seemed the best way forward. So far in CPPA the consensus has been to refactor schema so that older instances will still validate (although new instances will be allowed).

Registry has targetNamespaces that are URNs such as

targetNamespace="urn:oasis:names:tc:ebxml-regrep:query:xsd:2.1

But they declare schemaLocations that seem to resemble the other groups' patterns a little bit, but note the versioning info.

namespace="urn:oasis:names:tc:ebxml-regrep:rim:xsd:2.1" schemaLocation="http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/regrep/documents/2.1/schema/rim.xsd"

Just info for the group's decision. We can ask if we can get links made to the

 http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/bpss/schema/bpss2_0.xsd

At least there would be some uniformity in ebXML related schemas with the above.

Thanks for working on this, Martin. I have found previously found the problems of assigning name constants and URIs within OASIS perenially confusing.

Dale Moberg