Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] [Fwd: [ebxml-bp-comment] Public Comment]

Duane,

I suspect that your reply relies way too much on insider ebXML
and CCTS speak!

Here's what I think is really going on in sorta plain english.

1) The BPSS can reference to logical documents that are interchanged in a
     process step that are part of a process action - typically an initiate
     and reponse document pair - and  the BPSS schema
     contains the necessary syntax  to capture this logic and settings.

2) A logical document such as "goods billing invoice" is then resolved to a
     physical transaction instance at runtime - typically this will be an
EDI or
     XML definitions - such as an XSD file and an associated specification
     document (MS Word or Excel).  The ebXML CPA that configures the
     messaging needs to reference these exact document types and headers
     - so they can be checked by the ebMS service to ensure they pass
     messaging authorization during sending and receiving.  One partner may
     send EDI, another XML, and their CPA settings will tell you this.

3) Moves are afoot to automate this transaction mapping - principally the
     OASIS CAM specification allows you to map the logical document
     to a complete set of structure, content, context and business use rules
     that ensure the correct use and exchange of information occurs for
     the particular business step.  The structure of the transaction can
also
     be built using pre-constructed chunks that are core components
      compatible - see CCTS - using CAM assembly templates.
     Typically though for legacy transactions the pre-built chunks will
     correspond to an industry's already existing
     noun dictionary and "core components" - such as EDI, RosettaNet,
     and OAGi.   The CAM templates therefore hold the details of these
     legacy transactions formats.

Thanks, DW