Subject: [ebBP] 3/19/2004: External Content/Context Mechanism [RSD]

Discussion|OASIS.ebBP.ExternalContextMechanism;
Topic;
Attachment|http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200402/msg00062.html;

Point|;

mm1@
David,
In further reviewing the earlier input you provided, Content Management
Rendering as XML for BPSS Refinement and Business Agreement, that you
have positioned CAM as an extension point for many things: business
document, transaction assembly, late binding parameters, etc.
And, in last week's meeting you referenced, you further described Figure
3 [1].  I am uncertain at this point that positioning CAM so broadly
helps realize its potential strength in content assembly. Should we not
separate the business document, content assembly influenced by context
from the transaction patterns, control flow and other aspects defined in
BPSS? My point is that CAM could be used to influence the business
document which BPSS can use to assist in directing the business
process.   Your document talks about defining the static setting of a
BPSS and allowing, cart blanche, its redefinition, with some
interaction/interface with BPSS, CPPA and CAM.  At this point, we have
allowed an element reference to change the TTP that an external
mechanism such as CAM could be used influence. However, changing the
BPSS to assemble transactions, revise what you call a 'static setting',
and other more complex changes do not account for the restrictions
required to map to defined economic commitments for which BPSS may be
responsible.

I am uncertain if such a broad approach is warranted at this time.

[1] See attachement reference above.

@mm1