Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] IBM to Support BPEL-Based Web Services

On Apr 16, 2004, at 12:28 AM, Monica J. Martin wrote:
mm1: First, if you wish to discuss or debate the benefits of BPEL, please everyone take it to that list. Secondly, BPEL is an infrastructure process language [1]

No need to be prickly, Monica. I think the intent was not to start a BPEL vs. BPSS debate, it was merely to make sure everyone is aware what the major players are doing in this niche so that we can all plan how we position BPSS and BPEL within our organizations and end user communities. Recognizing and addressing issues like this proactively is a way of protecting everyone's time & money investment in the development of this and other ebxml specifications.

Thanks.

Matthew MacKenzie
Senior Architect
IDBU Server Solutions