Subject: Notes on publication of a party's NDD

As I mentioned in today's conference call, the results of publication or non-publication of an NDD by a Party are not well defined in the current draft. I have pencilled in some corrections for the next draft and have added material to the next version of the futures document as follows:
Section 5.1, line 371:  Inserted the following text:  "If Party B does not publish an NDD with its CPP, it cannot be determined whether Party B intends that nothing is negotiable or everything is negotiable. It is suggested that other Parties wishing to negotiate with Party B contact Party B to request its NDD.  See section 10.1.  Alternatively, a Party wishing to negotiate with Party B could just compose an NDD and send an initial offer."

Section 5.1, line 374:  Changed MAY to SHALL in "If Party A published an NDD along with its own CPP, Party B MAY use the information in Party A's NDD along with its own in composing the NDD for the initial offer." "SHALL" is needed for consistency with Section 10.3 (see line 1031).  I believe that the team intends "SHALL".

Section 12.8, line 1598:  Changed SHOULD to SHALL in ""If Party A had also published an NDD, Party B SHOULD take that NDD into account..."SHALL" is needed for consistency with Section 10.3.

I have pencilled the following discussion into the next version of the futures document:

One Party does not Publish an NDD

Consider defining more precisely the case where a Party does not publish an NDD. Following is one possibility:
If a Party does not publish an NDD, it means that the Party will not negotiate. This requires a Party to publish an NDD if the Party is willing to negotiate.
Add a negotiability indicator to the NDD. Its values could be: Regards,
Marty

Martin Sachs
standards architect
Cyclone Commerce