Subject: Re: Approval of document for submission to IEEE 1619.3 WG

Thank you, Matt.

You are absolutely correct about the discrepancy.  My
confusion between ASCII-encoded decimals and binary
caused the error.  My apologies.

The GKID, as specified in SKSML, is an ASCII-encoded decimal,
with a maximum length of 62-bytes*:

   20-bytes for DID (max value: 18446744073709551615)
   20-bytes for SID (max value: 18446744073709551615)
   20-bytes for KID (max value: 18446744073709551615)
   2 hyphens

The URI, as defined in IEEE 1619.3 WG document, is  68-bytes
after it includes the "ek://" prefix and the trailing "/".

I do need to point out that SKSML only specifies GKID as a
string with a maximum length of 62-bytes in the DID-SID-KID
format.  Since the 1619.3 WG is planning on working with
multiple KMs and has a need to distinguish between different
KM formats, we are assuming that the use of the IEEE URI
format ("ek://DID-SID-KID/") is anticipated to be supported
only by IEEE-compliant applications.  Please correct me if
this assumption is incorrect.

I will update our submission document and send out the new
link. Thanks for the clarification.

Arshad Noor
StrongAuth, Inc.

* The current DRAFT specification of SKSML does not include
the Domain ID (DID).  I am in the process of updating it, and
will be uploading it to the OASIS repository within the next
2-3 weeks.  I will notify you when it is uploaded.