Subject: RE: [Editors]Template & Editorial Suggestions

Looks good to me.  Let's give it a go and see how it works in practice.

I hadn't built into the programme plan time to develop and agree a logo!  Do
we really need one?

From: Krishna Sankar [mailto:ksankar@cisco.com]
Sent: 22 August 2001 16:08
To: Election Services Committee (E-mail)
Subject: [Editors]Template & Editorial Suggestions

Hi,

	Excellent. Now we have a plan. I could help out in the schema and
the
authentication areas.

	I have attached a template for all the documents we develop. Here
are some
suggestions:

	1.	Use the template as a starting point.
	2.	There is a section for issues and To Do. So while developing
the doc,
when you encounter any potential issues/to dos, pl add them to that section.
That way we do not lose any valuable thoughts and ideas.
	3.	I have turned the line numbering On. This helps us to be
precise when we
discuss the documents in e-mails, con calls et al.
	4.	We need a good logo. Any suggestions ?
	5.	Naming Conventions:
		My suggestion is to follow the
draft-evstc-xxxx-xxxx-twodigit version
number.doc convention.
	6.	Usually there would be many drafts and a check point would
be the F2Fs.
	7.	When you are ready for a document to be processed by the
editors, pl
prefix the subject with [Editors]. I thought of another editors mailer but
it is too much work for a small group like us.

cheers