Subject: RE: EML PROGRAMME PLAN

Tim
I think you've identified a more general question , ie how do committee
members get involved in the different strands of the programme.
I would suggest that it is the responsibility of the strand leader to pull
together at the outset of their work a working group of interested parties.
So in your case it would be for Gregg as Schema leader to add you to his
working group.  Obviously some people may be in more than one working group,
but if they've got the time and commitment then good.
We don't need to make this too bureaucratic but we do need to allow people
to contribute to where they feel they can add value.
Welcome views or other options.
Regards,

From: Tim Bovee [mailto:tbovee@ap.org]
Sent: 22 August 2001 16:02
To: Borras John - e-Envoy e-Government -; gregg@election.com

Gregg/John,

Sorry to miss yesterday's call. I had a medical thing that interfered
(slipped disk from a botched deadlift).

Reviewing John's list, I think it makes sense for me to be involved in
designing the results reporting schema. It's important that the keying
of information on this product work successfully with the election
systems of AP, VNS and other media who report returns to minimize the
need for translation between systems.

What shall I do to have a seat at the table on this?

Thanks,

Tim
--
Tim Bovee, Director of Projects/Technology
The Associated Press, Washington

Borras John - e-Envoy e-Government - wrote:

> Dear All
>
> As promised during yesterday's teleconference, attached is my draft
> programme plan for our work.  I have tried to identify the individual
tasks,
> suggested leaders for those tasks, and I've had a stab at likely start and
> end dates.  More than happy for you to correct or add to this.  Hopefully
we
> can get agreement to a revised version at the meeting on 11 September.
>
> John
>
>  <<EML Project Plan.doc>>  <<EML Project Plan.rtf>>
>
> Gregg - I'm attaching a Word version and a RTF version.  Please chose
which
> one you put up on the website.
>
>                 ******************************
> The Cabinet Office's computer systems may be monitored and communications
> carried on them recorded, to secure the effective operation of the system
> and for other lawful purposes.

>                            Name: EML Project Plan.doc
>    EML Project Plan.doc    Type: Microsoft Word Document
(application/msword)
>                        Encoding: base64
>
>                            Name: EML Project Plan.rtf
>    EML Project Plan.rtf    Type: Rich Text Format (application/rtf)
>                        Encoding: base64

This email has been scanned for viruses by the MessageLabs SkyScan service
which is being trialed by the GSI from 10th August 2001 to 21st
September 2001. For further details, please see
http://www.gsi.gov.uk/main/gncnotices/gncinformationnotice5_2001virusscannin
g.pdf

In case of problems, please call your organisations IT helpdesk.