Subject: RE: [election-services] EML 610, 620, 630 proposals lists / referendum items?

David, John,

Sorry, I have got way behind with EML stuff. I am hoping to catch up a bit today where there are outstanding questions.

Yes, the 6xx series is for referendums, but it had neither the level of analysis nor the level of maintenance and updating that the 2xx series had. For a start, the Swiss use case was the only one that contributed to the specification. It would not surprise me if there were improvements to be made.

Regards

Paul
-----Original Message-----
From: David RR Webber (XML) [mailto:david@drrw.info]
Sent: 08 May 2007 18:07
To: election-services@lists.oasis-open.org

Looks like the EML 6xx series is intended for non-candidate ballot purposes - but this still only has the referendum item Id and not the description, vote choices yes/no/abstain et al, language and other potential linkage items...

Maybe the 6xx was intended for the Swiss proposal use case?

Thanks, DW

"The way to be is to do" - Confucius (551-472 B.C.)