Subject: RE: [election-services] OASIS EML TC MEETING

Interesting, we have lots of statistics that we provide to both the media
and the government, so it might be a good idea to formalize this into a new
schema.

Sven Rubben

IBM GBS
Tel: +32 2 225 27 47  BLS
 +32 495 26 13 10   GSM
Mail: Sven Rubben/Belgium/IBM@IBMBE
 sven_rubben@be.ibm.com
 srubben@acm.org

             "David RR Webber
             \(XML\)"
             <david@drrw.info>                                          To
                                       John Borras
             06/18/07 04:52 PM         <johnaborras@yahoo.co.uk>
                                                                        cc
                                       EML TC
                                       <election-services@lists.oasis-open
                                       .org>, Bernard Van
                                       Acker/Belgium/IBM@IBMBE, Sven
                                       Rubben/Belgium/IBM@IBMBE
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [election-services] OASIS EML
                                       TC MEETING

Sven,

Sounds good.  I've also been working on something here in USA that I'm
hoping will be publicly available shortly.

What I found was the secret was to use XSLT to render the 510/520 content
into the format they prefer visually.  The underlaying details in the XML
conform to the 510/520 v5 schemas.  The new CountMetric is very powerful
too in supplying ad hoc needs to media/auditors.

BTW - since we are on the subject - I've had a request to create a new 530
Statistics schema.  This would be modelled closely on the 510 - but exclude
the candidate/proposal elements - since it is purely vote statistics about
attendence and votes at each district and county level.

Seems like we may be able to combine your experience into this new 530?
John of course is rightly going to say the door is closed on additions to
v5 - but what I'm seeing is the 530 would be a draft we can work on over
the next few months and field test it with data to fine tune the model and
use cases.

Thanks, DW

"The way to be is to do" - Confucius (551-472 B.C.)