emergency-cap-profiles message

Subject: Re: [emergency-cap-profiles] Definition of "Profile"

> "In standardization, a profile consists of an agreed-upon subset and
> interpretation of a specification. Many complex technical specifications

This definition is very broad and while suitable as a generalization for something like Wikipedia, it is not specific enough to provide direction for a standards technical body.  I think there needs to be some specific criteria outlined that determines what constitutes a "profile" and guidelines for their creation and submission to the TC.

For instance in the above quoted statement, the term "subset" is used.  Can a CAP profile be a subset of CAP?  If not, then this commonly understood use for a profile needs to be clarified.  If yes, then how is this accomplished?

--
jake@jpw.biz