Subject: <explicitAddress> (was Re: [emergency] EDXL_DE - Notes...)

On Aug 18, 2005, at 8/18/05 10:19 PM, Michelle Raymond wrote:
> I think leaving the big "if" to the Public to give a counter-example
> is still an ok way to go. That is, unless someone comes up with a
> use-case for an addressable "thing" that can't be formulated as a URI.

Rather than reopen this issue on the basis of no real additional
information, I'd suggest we leave it as the TC agreed this morning,
which certainly allows URIs as one possible scheme.

If we get more substantial information during public comment we can
reconsider the more restrictive URI-only approach when we have more
time.

- Art