Subject: Proper abbreviation for the Emergency Management TC: your verdict?

of the OASIS Emergency Management TC attest both "EM-TC" and "EM TC"
as the TC abbreviation.  It would be useful if the TC could agree on a
canonical abbreviation and then try to use it consistently.   Please let me
 know.  Thanks!

======== Details:

The latest recorded minutes for the TC's Charter proposal attest the
spelling "EM-TC", and that spelling (with HYPHEN) seems to be the
most common, based upon a hasty scan I made of the resources [1]

The current TC Public Home Page has five occurrences for "EM-TC"
and one for "EM TC".

The TC Members' postings to the TC Discussion List also attest
"EM-TC", with 12x occurrences of "EM-TC" in "Subject:" lines during
the past four months (no occurrences of "EM TC")

The specifications I scanned (five) attested "EM-TC" but not
"EM TC".

Thanks for your consideration on this point, as I think consistency
will improve the image/branding of the Technical Committee and its
published work.

- Robin Cover

[1] hasty scan of resources

PS  In today's climate, we try to insist that TC Charter proposals include
an official abbreviation/acronym so that everyone within OASIS and
external parties have a reference point.  Ideally, when the abbreviation
is embedded within the full TC name, that clarifies to all what the
official abbreviation is.

[2003]
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/200301/msg00000.html
Charter original: "EM TC"

[2005] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/emergency/200501/msg00055.html
Charter proposal as modified: "EM-TC"

[2013]
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/emergency/
TC Public Home Page:
- "EM-TC" (5x occurrences)
- "EM TC" (1x occurrence)

[2013]
TC List (Elysa Jones, Greg Trott, etc)
- "EM-TC" (12x occurrences)
 in examples from four recent months message Subject lines:
 3x + 2x + 4x + 3x

[Specs]

*  Emergency Data Exchange Language (EDXL) Tracking of Emergency Patients (TEP) Version 1.0
   Committee Specification Draft 01 /
   Public Review Draft 01
   http://docs.oasis-open.org/emergency/edxl-tep/v1.0/edxl-tep-v1.0.html
says: "EM-TC"

* Emergency Data Exchange Language Situation Reporting (EDXL-SitRep) Version 1.0
  Committee Specification 01
  http://docs.oasis-open.org/emergency/edxl-sitrep/v1.0/edxl-sitrep-v1.0.html
says: "EM-TC"

* Emergency Data Exchange Language (EDXL) Distribution Element Version 2.0
  Committee Specification Draft 03 /
  Public Review Draft 03
  http://docs.oasis-open.org/emergency/edxl-de/v2.0/edxl-de-v2.0.html
(nil)

* Emergency Data Exchange Language (EDXL) Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) v1.2 Australia (AU) Profile Version 1.0
  Committee Specification 01
  http://docs.oasis-open.org/emergency/edxl-cap1.2-au/v1.0/edxl-cap1.2-au-v1.0.html
says: "EM-TC"

* Common Alerting Protocol Version 1.2