Subject: Re: Deaf Matters

Hi all,

What HumanML could do, and probably will do, is provide means to make
it clear when someone with accessibility concerns or requirements is
involved in an interaction, be it an online job application or
shopping or doing remote work online at an employer's multi-purpose
portal. Within that context, making emotive emphasis a recognizably
non-trivialized component of communication is important, perhaps more
so for an impaired individual, perhaps not, but it needs to be
understood, not misunderstood or pooh-poohed.

As anyone who knows the consequences of the Americans with
Disabilities Act can tell you, there are ramifications well beyond
the specifics of accommodations for impaired persons, such as the
fact that employers are a lot less inclined toward relying on "old
boy" networks now than in the recent past... This points up how
practicality is involved in our work here.