Subject: RE: [humanmarkup] Re: [h-anim] HumanML Thoughts

Working my way up from the bottom of the mail,
I just saw Norm's comment on the need to look
at gestural intensity and expand it.  That
is the kind of feedback that is most immediately
useful.  I'll read the paper and reply.

We can evaluate any system and see what it
has to offer.  I could fill in the schema
immediately with all of the types developed
for public safety and add oh, a few hundred
elements.  But that is using HumanML as a
means to productize and even if it slows
us down, we should be careful to ensure
we are spec'ing repurposable datasets.
This is a difficult balancing act of course;
too abstract and we get ineefficient garbage
bag design; too specific and we can't repurpose.
So when proposing data types, we have to ask
where they do or don't add to the job of
describing humans and human communications.

Classification is an art form.  There are
techniques and rules of thumb to guide
but often they are just rulesOfDaToolz.
It takes a bit of intuition to work out
the rest.  That is why things like AI