Subject: Re: Participation

HI Richard,

Myself, I come from a thorough psychology and neuroscience background  in
the past.  At this point, there hasn't been any effort to embed human
'metadata' in the storage, transfer, exchange, or use of psychological
information.

This is not necessarily limited to patient interaction, but in all forms of
data exchange, representation, and analysis within the realm within
psychology or psychotherapy.

As Sean mentioned earlier, of course, the patient would have to themselves
use HumanML (unless a client side tool is available, which I think will be
the case).   I really see that client side tools, but time will tell if
people will use such a tool.  We use a word processor to boldface,
italicize, and emphasize certain texts--a Human-processor could do so,
utilizing a "best-practices" type Style specification.  Of course, the
patient can lie (:-) am I really smiling), but we can simply extend the
tools for expression (until of course neural implants--I'm not kidding, but
that's a bit away)

 Having a pull down list of emotions, intentions, or beliefs or having a way
to highlight certain phrases or sentences is a very simple, direct, easy way
to incorporate emotional expression in communication.  I think Manos Batsis
had written a post in the last couple of days about a chat application he
was interested in working on?

Richard, I would very much like the ISMHO to take part, either informally or
formally establish a liaison to the HumanMarkup TC.  Most importantly, if
the group is interested in participating in the discussion (either
informally or even formally by assigning an OASIS liaison(s)) that would be
great to bring the field of psychology and psychotherapy into the arena of
XML.  Perhaps you and/or others would be interested in serving in this role?

***Task Item: At this stage, the most important request I would make from
you is to present the taxonomy of what an online psychotherapist would like
to use to describe human information.

Ranjeeth Kumar Thunga
HumanMarkup Chair
rkthunga@humanmarkup.org