Subject: RE: &

Yeah but I suppose you where the list's Semantic Guide from the start.

> > And this makes better design sense, to build upon those
> > standards "classes" which multiple ontologies can inherit
> > and extend, e.g. RDF Schema & Model, [...]
>
> Yep. It's a basic design axiom. q.v. [1]

I saw an existing taxonomy (a rather big one too) and excellent tools to extend it. DAML
will also serve as a paradigm; HumanML will possibly extend itself over it, by a new layer
of properties. Sean's recent "huml:idiomaticallyEquivalentTo" was a silent example.
You could also say that It's the extended OOP behind DAML that helps you apply
inheritance/relationships model that break out of hierarchical boundaries.

> > Following above, this would furnish the HumanML syntax matrix
> > for inherited and extending ontologies.
>
> "Syntax matrix": ah, that's a new synonym we can use!

They have become marketing tools. Web Service, for example...

> > I did think I understood QName and local name resolution for
> > namespaces (at least from the XSLT and XPath perspective of
> > addressing and transforming them), and so I'm having to confess
> > a little uncertainty about which "model" you mean the
> > namespace/QName is not preserved in . . . the DOM?
>
> The RDF model, of course.
>
> > That doesn't make easy sense either b/c QName, local name and
> > namespace (as an @ value) are addressable nodes.

Yes but they are needed by the syntax, not the actual model (the namespaces). As Sean
replied, all we need after parsing to get the real model is the resources as triples.
QName resolution serves only before parsing occurs. XSLT/XPath on the other hand, do not
work on the model, they work on the syntax implemented to describe the model. That is the
reason they are dependent on namespaces from start to end of the proccess.

Kindest regards,

Manos