Subject: Re: Profiling in the News: Was: RE: Taxonomies, URN's etc..

> Ok.  So you turn to your girlfriend and
> say "That dog by the lamppost is ugly!" and
> she replies, "No, she is a very beautiful
> lady."   Can you determine who is right?

I very much doubt that that event would ever occur, so why would I want to
determine who is right?

Hyopthetically though, I would probably substitute my own particular
ontological terms for "dog" and "lamppost" for a start, and then I would
count the number of objects which, in my option, would make good candidates
as belonging to the classes. Taking "n" to be the number of
lamppost-attracted-object instances in close proximity to the instance
lamppost-like-objects, we can ascertain that the girlfriend would be right,
because girlfriends are always right.

> Rather than meditate, tonight I will return
> to the fountain of all wisdom on the modern
> world, Looney Tunes, and try to figure out
> how Bugs and Daffy solve this problem.

Was Wayne (from "Wayne's World") the only character in the world to ever
think that Bugs Bunny dressed up a girl was sexy?

--
Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer