Subject: Re: Profiling in the News: Was: RE: Taxonomies, URN's etc..

> Her reply is based on the conjunction of her (emotional)
> reaction to her interpretation of the statement and the
> emotional reaction is based on her past history and the
> (culture) she is a part of that considers calling a woman
> a dog an (insult:symbol)

Ah, but now you're building up a hypothetical psycological profile of her
that I am not aware of, and that makes the entire situation unrealistic.
What if she doesn't consider that event an (insult:symbol)? There could be
any number of reasons for one person ascribing the label of
lamppost-attracted-object to (which is actually hypothetical in this case
too... anyone who's read "Blindless" could not do such a thing!) and
another countering with a suggestion of "beautiful" (even considering that
that two classes are not disjoint).

But all I'm really saying is that you should have modelled this on two
entirely abstract people, rather than trying to inflict YAUEC (unrealistic
event-case) on the world. I agree with the rest of your theorized model.

> She counters with beautiful because
> she has a goal and it is now up to
> you to figure out what it is. If she
> slaps you (haptic) try again.

We have a show in the U.K. which may or may not air over the pond, and
which you may or may not be aware of, called "The Fast Show". It has a
number of excellent actors and comedians in it, and has met universal
acclaim.

One of the charaters from one of the sketches, played by Arabella Weir, has
the catchphrase, "does my bum look big in this?". It's interesting that in
all of the shows that I can remember this sketch being done, no one has
replied to that question...

--
Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer