Subject: HM.policy: chat

Just to clarify our new policy regarding Chat rooms:

We will no longer be treating our chat room as a primary venue for our discussion and removing the link from our Technical committee site.

This is in keeping line with 2 major OASIS tenets:  1) all TC members must be able to participate, and 2) all discussions must be archived and accessible to the public. While we _can_ do both of these above with chat, we are no longer going to offer it as a mainstream means of discussion as it is not guaranteed.

However, still will be maintaining the Chat Room as an alternate to private correspondence.
1) It is to be used _only_ if Discussion List discussion is demonstrably inefficient.
2) all technical discussion is _required_ to be transcribed and posted.

The chat server is (maintained? by Sean B. Palmer)
Server: irc.openprojects.net
Port: 6667
Channel: #humanml

Back to the regularly scheduled discussion!

Ranjeeth Kumar Thunga
rkthunga@humanmarkup.org
(646) 456-9076