Subject: Re: HM.applications-Translations

Mark Brownell wrote:
> How about a selection option by the user to do a culturally equivalent
> procedure in the search instructions.

Am I oversimplifying if I would suggest +".se" to be such an
instruction? .se itself is of course not a cultural instruction, but
rather a filter that I know will make the search more interesting to me.
.se for me just mean that the probability that it will be something from
my culture is much greater than if I put .com in there. It's just a bad
example, and as such I can put whatever I want into it. Seriously, do I
understand this discussion correct if I understand it as sending a
cultural profile to the search engine it would give me the results based
on this? It would mean that I can search on turkish things using a
turkish cultural profile.

Cheers,
/Niclas