Subject: Re: HM.domains-Human Meaningful Text-Semantics

----- Original Message -----
From: Rex Brooks <rexb@starbourne.com>
> Hi Everyone,
>
> In the on-going effort to elicit responses for our core topics as
> head into our first TC Meeting Sept. 17, I'm going to offer a thread
> on HM.domains.
>
> I haven't gotten completely through Mark Brownell's Meaningful Text
> Markup Language work, but I have gotten far enough to see that one of
> our most important domains is a significant subset of that work,
> namely the categorization of text into Human Meaningful areas.

Hi Rex,

I'm respectfully grateful for your interest. Even flattered, considering that MTML
is not a well-formed XML way of structuring documents. I've been looking at,
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/humanmarkup/files/Technical/XML.Schema/XML.Schema/humanmlSchema.xsd
HumanML-XML Schema v0.1, and I'm impressed by the implications that this
markup can represent. It strikes me, right off the bat, that this would be a correct
form of transmission for our research tool at Gestalt Global. With its ability to
define human characteristics in a contextual form, alone has the ability to enhance
information transmitted to the tool. MTML tends to be construct library dependent,
this HUML seems capable of conditional information with respects to the demands
of the experiment utilizing the tool's data.

Note: I'm developing a charting program that has a volunteer component in the
application that allows a user to send telemetry back to a depository, for the use
as a research tool. Obviously, there are disclosure requirements to be maintained
by this feature, and a limited form of information could only be included, being that
it is a charting program for tracking psychological assessment and progress.

Best regards,

Mark