Subject: Re: HM.applications-Translations

> [...] the SW is a connected set of information objects that can be
> assembled based on the demands made upon it by an application.
> It would then be possible to assemble a new representation of the
> idea or topic. Am I correct in seeing the SW in this manner?

Pretty much so. The Semantic Web is just a set of resources, linked up
using 3-ary relationships (triples), and exchangedusing an RDF
serialization format. Processors can do absolutely anything that they want
with the data, but because the resources are decentralized, it means that
interoperability is enhanced.

> maybe "Web" in "Semantic Web" doesn't really mean the internet.

It does, but just as one can use HTML off-line, so one can use RDF
off-line.

--
Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer