Subject: Re: HM.applications-Profiling-Level of Details/Abstraction

In "What the Semantic Web can represent" TimBL wrote:

 Instead of asking machines to understand people's language,
 it involves asking people to make the extra effort

Funny that you should use that quote Sean, I was just about to do the
same, but on a different thread. When reading up on SW the other day
(you made me do that) this line really stuck in my mind. I think this is
the magic glue that will dissolve as soon as it gets in contact with
real world air. Then I was saying "what's in it for me" this is what I
unintentionally was talking about. My claim was that "it has to be
smarter than that". I fear that the cost of doing this extra effort will
be too much. But this is the opinion of the ignorant and off topic for
HumanML, so I'll stop right there.

Cheers,
/Niclas