Subject: RE: Tragedy

The days' events are indeed tragic.  Furthermore,
we have not seen the end of this horrible chain.
With some certainty, great measures of freedom are
about to be surrendered to the madness that captured
this day's history.

While I pray for the families of the victims and
the safety of all concerned, the tasks of HumanML
are still there to be achieved.  Yes, it is possible
that we can contribute in some measure to enhancing
understanding among rational and willing people on
this planet. It can be, God willing, a happy and most
desirable outcome of our work.  We can be mindful and
hopeful of this.

However, this cannot be our focus.  Immediately,
the upcoming meeting should be focused on organizational
issues and on better defining a task structure to
guide our efforts.   What we know also with certainty,
is that understanding is not enough.  For there to be
peace, there must be a desire for peace greater than
a desire for vengeful action.   Actions of some
great magnitude will be undertaken.  Let us hope
and pray they are the right ones.

Where there is hope, there are miracles for any event
that brings hope to the human heart is a miracle.

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.
Daamyata. Datta. Dayadhvam.h