Subject: RE: Tragedy

Because some parts of the phase 0 discussions are not
well-absorbed or unavailable (too much stuff to read),
I reiterate that we considered both the internal human
states and the extenrnal states that influence human
communications, and selection of messages (eg, gestures)
at some point in a process.   We selected XML for the
standard syntax to create messages, represent and
exchange them (eg, SOAP), and to apply transformative
processes.  We considered models of emotions as routable
objects that internally affect the selection of messages,
and the internal schemata such as culture, history,
distance from recent events, and so forth that also
affect the selection and formulation of the message.

Some paragraphs of Dr Prueitt's papers that are striking to me
because they may, in my opinion, point to areas of potential
cooperation between the HumanML effort and his own were we to
consider self-image and system image as possibly expressible
in HumanML-derived schemata are given.  I appreciate comments
on the content of these and tutoring from Dr. Pruiett to help
us understand his assertions in the context of XML systems
as they can be applied here.

http://www.acsa2000.net/pch.html

"Simple combinatorics of system competence express elements of a behavioral
repertoire. The longer the symmetry the more completely the consequences of
action in the external world is sampled. The result is no more than a simple
average (or convolution) of two scales of observation resulting in a new set
of observables. The convolution, however, can have a kernel that biases
outcome and thus differentially delineates the creation and initial
conditions of emergent compartments. This kernel is the system image.

Human self image itself needs not be a non-material mind/body interface as
perceived by Eccles (1993), but it could alter probabilities during phase
transitions of compartments whose existence is brief when compared to the
agent and thus have many of the same properties as envisioned by Eccles.
Nothing mystical is ruled out or in. Of course, this type of interface is
more complex than a simple cross scale interaction between dissipative
systems.

The primary distinction between a coupled dissipative system with system
images and a system with self images is that self image is a phenomenon that
interacts intentionally in a probability space. This intentionality is in
opposition to the local laws of dynamics. The induction of a symmetric
barrier to the expression of lawful processes is evidence that space/time
non-locality is involved in the expression of human self image."

Len clbullar@ingr.com
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.
Daamyata. Datta. Dayadhvam.h