Subject: Applications: Intelligence systems (was Re: A new intelligenceparadigm)

(btw, don't mind me renaming the subjects according to the format as
determined by the "TC.policy" file..it simply will help in the long run when
reviewing these threads)
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/humanmarkup/#documents

> ".  Paul:  I've gotten a chance to briefly survey your paper, and your
> work
> > and certainly your project bears relevance.  There are various issues of
> > implementation that we could talk about further, which lie outside the
> scope
> > of the project's next steps, but very interesting how such systems can
be
> > built using various HumanMarkup sets. "
> >
> > Here your notion of WHAT THE NEXT STEPS ARE puzzles me.  Who determines
> what
> > the next step is.  I will not be put off from moving forward by waiting
> > around for THE PLAN to align with what I as a scientist feel is the next
> > step.  I invite those who are interested to join me in making decisions
> > about what the next step (for us) will be.

 Next steps are what we make of it, as members of this discussion group.  We
 have to be methodological now, to some degree.  For now, it is our core
 documents and developing a formal project plan after our first meeting.  It
 is an group efffort...and each contributor is responsible for the overall
 success of certain aspects of the projects.

 Developing systems that calculate the complex interior mental processes in
 establishing behavior prediction systems are not within the present scope,
 and possibly not in the future scope of HumanMarkup. HumanMarkup is not
 developing any applications and as you mentioned.  We are developing XML
 based data models, which you can certainly incorporate into your systems if
 appropriate.  Definitely you are invited to help develop these.

 From my own neuroscience background, I think the XML technologies we have,
 and simple, human readable culturally, contextually specific models, which
 can be mapped to one another, an effective short term (i.e. 1-2 year)
 delieverable for applications to use to solve much miscommunication (as
well
 as clarifying self expression, interpersonal understanding, and other good
 things)

 Still, it is worth mentioning this app on this board, so we can certainly
 accomodate for more and more precise mental descriptions as we move
forward,
 for various applications of the enormous complexity (and benefit) such as
 yours.  This falls in line with a previous thread a while back regarding
the
 "level of detail" we are seeking as part of this effort.

 What you and I, and many others here, share in common, is the understanding
 that current systems integrating human systems do not work effectively in
 the problem areas around us, and some overlap in the data models that we
 could develop together.  Certainly your contributions, as part of a
 subcommittee or part of a separate group, would be very much appreciated
 throughout these phases.

 -------
 Ranjeeth Kumar Thunga