Subject: Re: HM.Requirement: authority (Re: Case in Point-culturalModule:IslamicFundamentalism?)

I.  Authority tips

Thanks for the tips Kurt regarding 'authority'.  These are all good suggestions.  We could expand and formalize a set of enumerants that could be involved for extrapolation_type as well.  We could have two different dates as well, or simply use much of the structure found in DC as it exists, and build on it.

Your point about an href for individuals/groups goes back to the previous post.  While the jury's out whether we would directly or indirectly have a hand in UIDs for humans,  we have to ensure our architecture is open to both internet namespaces and humans directly.  Picking up from a discussion topic a couple of weeks ago, a composite of physical characteristics and biometric information could be used as a UID.  However, it doesn't have an addressing component...thus.....

My question of the day:  Are 'email' or 'IM' addresses valid namespaces?

II.  RDF and QNames:  Not an issue?

<sean>
The main problem in figuring
out how RDF can be used to annotate XML schemata is how QNames can be
represented in the RDF model.
</sean>

Since we can use DC (and possibly extend the set further for HumanML) to annotate an XML Schema based on the 'persepctive' it reflects...we would be annotating the XML Schema _as a whole_ (not individual elements within it).  Thus, I would think that there would not be any QName issues needed to be worked out, in this sense at least. Would this conclusion be correct?

Ranjeeth Kumar Thunga

----- Original Message -----
From: Kurt Cagle
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2001 5:35 PM

Just a few minor nits:

* Put the date in W3C notation (i.e., date="2001-09-02"). It makes it easier to sort in XSLT and revolves month/day ambiguity.
* Do you have a set of enumerants for extrapolation_type? In other words, is extrapolation a string of value "direct inquiry" or a NMTokens list of {"direct","inquiry"}.
* Is the date when the entry was created or last updated?
* I'd include an option href attribute in each <individual> or <group> that would point to either a web page URL or an email address.

-- Kurt