Subject: RE: HM.Requirements: HumanProof

Identification processes use data (observable) to create candidate
lists.   Then another more focused process is engaged which narrows
and verifies.   The principle of  view dimensionality involves the
processes that construct the view by selecting choices of
choices and choices.   A report may be created by query
or other means.    The role of inference engines (eg, RDF systems)
may be in guidance for each step of focusing the view, that is,
candidate selection.   Most of the technology for query refinement
comes into play.

However, the data mining aspects involve:

1.  Names and types of information that are in the database
(with the obvious issues of namespaces).  This is something
schemas do well.

2.  Relationships that exist among names and types of
information (something Topic Maps and RDF do).

3.  Policies regarding the collection and dissemination
for the names and types of information.

4.  Rules for follow on actions given identification and
classification of some type and an instance of that.

The system deals with stereotypes until an individual
is selected and at this point, the issues of identity
come into play.   However, there are multiple systems
for ascribing identity to a person and any system
of categorization and selection should work with
all of these.  Therefore, a web-centric system based
on URIs is useful within a web system of identification
but it is extremely cherry to assume it is in use.
That is, yes a human could be considered a resource,
but I doubt they see themselves like that and part
of the issue of HumanML is that there is an inner
schema(s) and an outer schema(s) with properties
that affect both self-identification and relationships.
The only resources we can count on having a URI
are our own models.

Relationships among individuals are isolated and then
the system looks for known patterns of behavior to
identify types of activity that may initiate further
actions.     Visualization systems are very important
because the level of detail is high and in some
situations, rapid response requires the pattern
identification to be very efficient if somewhat gross.
Later, it is refined for other uses.

Len

http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.